Sunday, April 17, 2016

17th Apr 2016 (最真心一對 – Stephanie Ho (何雁詩))

The song for today is “最真心一對” by Stephanie Ho. This is a reader request. This song was the theme song for a TV drama. The direct English translation of the title is “The most true-hearted pair”.

As the TV drama involve time traveling, the lyrics also tide in a bit with that idea. It said: “If I could travel back in time, who would I meet a few nights ago? If the scenery rewind, who will be removed from the drama? Circling in the strong wind, couldn’t be blowed away, as I got dream to chase. Yet, sunlight have to go past the rain. Every chapter is like a movie, it contains laughter and tears. Always remember, never to regret. Don’t need to have a million times, only need to be loved once, not scared to cry. Keeping this early spring, don’t need to have a thousand seasons to see through the autumn water. Only need to accompanied you, let the fireworks fade. Let the shadows joined and travel through time. Never regret to fly together. If said another half more sentence, my truthfulness starts to fear. If I keep it in my heart, who will I missed this life? No matter how old I gets, there is still a dream to chase. Jet stream, after rushing, will eventually turn to small stream of water. If life is a movie, then love is things that I need every day. It could dissolve the sadness from the pain of sickness and ageing. Can we, want to considered, when the light goes off, calmly goes into sleep. Perhaps even after a thousand glasses of wine, I still haven’t been drunk. But my love to you are now cleared, like clean water. Don’t need to have a million times, only need to be loved once, not scared to cry. If we are love, together we will repair the unfinished wonder. Treasure the time, accompanying you to travel through time. Let our shadows joins and become the most touching thing. Never regret to fly together, as we are the most truthful pair.” Hope you will like the osng.


最真心一對 – Stephanie Ho (何雁詩)

5 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. This was a good drama with a nice ending!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the translation! So it's "not scared to cry", rather than my shoddy translation of not yet scared of crying. Makes much more sense now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carman, I think yours is pretty good, as you retained that “not yet” aspect from the original lyrics. I often opt for the simpler translation that doesn’t retain all aspect as the lyrics often pack so much idea into a short sentence.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny, are you still taking any online courses? Did they help in applying for new jobs?

    Btw if you have time could you translate 女人的弱點 by Sally Yeh. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enrolled into a few, but have been fairly lazy :p so haven’t really clicked into them lol They don’t really help to find job, at least not the free certificate. Majority of the people still don’t know what edX is. As such, I don’t put it as a certificate on my CV, just as a skill, treating it as a self-learn skill :) So wouldn’t heavily relay on it to apply for now job, but I do hope that when it comes down to the final decision, they could give me an edge over other candidates.

      By the way, I have written of the song for today post:
      http://scasongaday.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/23rd-apr-2016-sally-yipyou-are-free.html

      Delete